ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brad Balmer <bbal...@gmail.com>
Subject iBatis with Derby
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:06:53 GMT
Sorry if I should be posting this to derby's list but I was hoping that
someone here may have also run into this. My web application was running on
on MySQL with no issues. I am porting it over to now run on Derby and am
running into some issues inserting NULL values into simple VARCHAR fields.

I'm running iBatis 2.1.6 and when I try an update statement to my table I am
getting the following SQL Exception:
An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR' from a data value
of type '0'.

The fields I am updating allows NULL values and is declared simply as a
VARCHAR(20).

The version of Derby I'm using is 10.1.1

The reason that I'm asking on this list is since I don't have control of the
underlying set functions for setting my PreparedStatement/Statement values
maybe there was something I needed to tweak to get iBatis running with
Derby.

Thanks for any help.