ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Bret Gregory" <bret.greg...@reged.com>
Subject Null Pointer in iBatis 2.1.5_582
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:17:10 GMT
I recently ran into a problem while executing a stored procedure using
an inline map in iBatis 2.1.5_582.

	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.handleResults(SqlExecutor
.java:355)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeQueryProcedure(Sql
Executor.java:291)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.ProcedureStatement.sqlExecute
Query(ProcedureStatement.java:34)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQuery
WithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:173)

The problem looks to be caused by the callable statement not returning a
result set in the executeQueryProcedure method.  The rs variable is set
to null and passed into the handleResults() method.  This method
attempts to get the Type, and the Null Pointer is thrown.

This looks like a bug and this code executes normally in iBatis 2.0.9 so
I thought I would write a note here and see if anyone else ran into
this.

Thanks.
-Bret