ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Geoff Chiang <geoffchi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reload SqlMap xml file
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:36:53 GMT
I have an administration page in my site that allows me to reload the
whole Spring application context at runtime.  I keep it open in another
tab in my browser if I need it.  The relevant code looks like this:

AbstractApplicationContext applicationContext =
(AbstractApplicationContext)
WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(getServletContext());
applicationContext.close();
applicationContext.refresh();

Of course, if most of your application is Spring-managed, then you're
really only saving the server shutdown and startup time.  I guess this
will vary from server to server.

Geoff