ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Caching (please help)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 20:26:41 GMT
I've spent the last two weeks trying to get the
caching to work, but I can confirm iBATIS is not
caching any result I configure it for. Obviously this
isn't anyone else's problem but mine, but I really
feel hopeless here and don't know what else to do.

Here is my cache:
<cacheModel id="namesCache" type="MEMORY">
  <flushInterval hours="24"/>
  <flushOnExecute statement="insertName"/>
  <flushOnExecute statement="updateName"/>
  <property name="reference-type" value="STRONG"/>
</cacheModel>

Here is my select:
<select id="getNames" resultMap="idMap"
cacheModel="namesCache">
  SELECT id, name FROM names
</select>

I have LOG4J turned on for the iBATIS package and I
can always see it getting a connection, a prepared
statement, and the result set. So I know it's not
caching. I just call getNames() over and over and it
never caches.

I am using Spring. I know caching is enabled by
default, so I don't have any special settings in my
sql-config.xml. I am bummed out. Can you spot anything wrong?

http://mail.yahoo.com