ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Discontinue Support for: iBATIS Java 1.x, JDK 1.3 and DTDs at ibatis.com
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:39:06 GMT
That would be a very good idea, yes. You can test your own application in
your environment to see if it's accessing the network for the DTDs (i.e. if
you're using an XML parser that doesn't understand EntityResolvers). It
shouldn't actually stop any applications from running, but it may stop them
from starting, as DTDs are only loaded once at application startup time
(assuming you're not doing something out of the ordinary, like reloading SQL
Map files during runtime).

Cheers,
Clinton