ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and ORM's
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:34:35 GMT
Vic,

For what it's worth, it's the same argument that we'd use against Maps as
the domain model, which we've been through (a thread almost as long and
tedious as this one). ;-)

Obviously there are some significant design philosophy differences at work
here. And that's okay. iBATIS is our philosophy, and is one worth
protecting. My monthly bandwidth overcharge bills tell me that at least a
few people agree with me.

Anyone with a different philosophy is welcome to comment and request
features, but belaboring points such as this, and implicitly or explicitly
"concluding" things of their own as Abdullah has done, inevitably becomes
rude and a waste of time. It serves only to annoy and distract the rest of
the list.

We've noted the feature request. But further design philosophy wars are out
of scope for this list.

My apologies to the rest of the list for filling your inboxes with this.

Best regards,

Clinton