ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and ORM's
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:17:56 GMT
Quick comparison...

ORM

1) Maps classes to tables, and columns to fields.
2) Must support Object Identity
3) Generates SQL

SQL Mapping

1) Maps objects (not necessarily a custom type, or even the same type) to
statements
2) Generally does not support object identity (would be hard to do)
3) Allows complete hand coding of real SQL, with full support for nearly all
RDBMS features

DAO

Irrelevant. DAO is an abstraction pattern. It serves a different design
purpose entirely.

Cheers,
Clinton