ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michael Laccetti [c]" <mich...@s2g-limited.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS + Geronimo [signed]
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:36:03 GMT
Yep, I'm testing it in the web container, using Struts.  The initial iBATIS
configuration is loaded via a Struts plugin, which is why I know it is
broken.  :)  I checked another sample
(http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/JPetStoreGeronimo.html), only those
evil evil folks used a simple connection instead of the actual datasource.
Why, I do not know, but lots of four letter words spring to mind.

I actually tested just the regular datasource outside of iBATIS, and it
seems to have the same problem.  I can get the context, but I cannot seem to
get anything out of it.  I'm going to find a JNDI browser, and see if I can
find out what is actually being returned.  Back to harassing the Geronimo
folks.

Thanks for the ideas!

  _____

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: November 29, 2005 1:15 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: iBATIS + Geronimo

Hmmm.... I'm about out of ideas....

1. Not to insult your intelligence, but you are testing this in some kind of
servlet or JSP or other web method - right?  This would not work outside of
Geronimo's web container unless you set up the context factory and provider
URL manually.

2. Since you didn't mention EJBs, I assume you're not trying this behind an
EJB facade.  If you were, that would make the configuration different.

3. Other than that, I'm wondering if Geronimo is not setting up the
environment properly for the InitialContext.  Typically application servers
set the environment variables that specify the initial context factory, and
provider URL.  If Geronimo is not doing this you'll have to do it yourself -
but I think that would be considered a bug in Geronimo.

I really doubt this is an iBATIS problem - but you might try a test of
trying the JNDI lookup in a plain old servlet without using iBATIS just to
make sure.

Jeff Butler