ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michael Laccetti" <mich...@s2g-limited.com>
Subject RE: Nested Lists [signed]
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:37:56 GMT
So nobody has any ideas?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Laccetti [mailto:michael@s2g-limited.com]
Sent: November 16, 2005 10:56 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Nested Lists [signed]

I've got a bit of a tricky question.  I'm trying to retrieve a list of
objects from the database.  That's the easy part.  The hard part is that two
properties in the object are also lists.  So, when I call the list query, it
in turn will call two sub-queries to populate the properties.  I've read
about doing it, and thought that I knew what to do, but I cannot make it
work.  The other problem is that no actual exceptions get thrown.  If I
wasn't debugging the app I would have never even noticed it (aside from a
lack of objects in the lists).

Here are links to two screenshots that will show you the exceptions:
(Note: they're somewhat large, I apologize in advance.)

http://images.nihilist.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=6
6&g2_imageViewsIndex=2&g2_navId=xb4c396b6
http://images.nihilist.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=7
0&g2_imageViewsIndex=2&g2_navId=xb4c396b6

Here is the actual configuration for everything.  The query starts at the
bottom, the statement with id getChannelInformation.  That then calls
getLeaguesForGame and getLocationsForGame.  It is also attempting to pass in
two properties, though I do not know if I've got it right, or got it at all.
I'm trying to pass in the channel ID, but that's from the first query, and I
do not know if it propagates properly.

<resultMap id="get-locations-for-game" class="java.lang.String">
      <result property="value" column="flag_location" />
   </resultMap>

   <statement id="getLocationsForGame" resultMap="get-locations-for-game">
      SELECT
         flag_location
      FROM
         scrimbot_location
      WHERE
         id IN (
         SELECT
            scrimbot_channel_games.scrim_location_id
         FROM
            scrimbot_channels
         INNER JOIN
            scrimbot_channel_games ON
(scrimbot_channels.id=scrimbot_channel_games.channel_id)
         WHERE
            scrimbot_channels.channel = '#channelID#'
         AND
            scrimbot_channel_games.game_id=#gameID#
      )
   </statement>

   <resultMap id="get-leagues-for-game" class="java.lang.String">
      <result property="value" column="league" />
   </resultMap>

   <statement id="getLeaguesForGame" resultMap="get-leagues-for-game">
      SELECT
         scrimbot_leagues.league
      FROM
         scrimbot_leagues
      WHERE
         id IN (
         SELECT
            scrimbot_channel_games.league_id
         FROM
            scrimbot_channels
         INNER JOIN
            scrimbot_channel_games ON (scrimbot_channels.id =
scrimbot_channel_games.channel_id)
         WHERE
            scrimbot_channels.channel = '#channelID#'
         AND
            scrimbot_channel_games.game_id=#gameID#
      )
   </statement>

   <resultMap id="get-games-for-channel" class="game">
      <result property="gameID" column="gameID" />
      <result property="gameFlag" column="game"/>
      <result property="gametypeID" column="gametypeID"/>
      <result property="gametypeFlag" column="gametype"/>
      <result property="leagueFlags"
column="{channelID=channelID,gameID=gameID}" select="getLeaguesForGame" />
      <result property="locationFlags"
column="{channelID=channelID,gameID=gameID}" select="getLocationsForGame" />
   </resultMap>

   <statement id="getGamesForChannel" resultMap="get-games-for-channel"
parameterClass="java.lang.String">
      SELECT
         scrimbot_games.id as gameID,
         scrimbot_games.game,
         scrimbot_gametypes.id as gametypeID,
         scrimbot_gametypes.gametype,
         scrimbot_channels.id as channelID
      FROM
         scrimbot_channels
      INNER JOIN
         scrimbot_channel_games ON
(scrimbot_channels.id=scrimbot_channel_games.channel_id)
      INNER JOIN
         scrimbot_games ON
(scrimbot_channel_games.game_id=scrimbot_games.id)
      INNER JOIN
         scrimbot_gametypes ON
(scrimbot_channel_games.gametype_id=scrimbot_gametypes.id)
      WHERE
         scrimbot_channels.channel = #value#
   </statement>

   <resultMap id="get-channel-info" class="channel">
      <result property="channelID" column="id"/>
      <result property="channel" column="channel"/>
      <result property="channelLocation" column="location"/>
      <result property="owner" column="username" />
      <result property="ownerEmail" column="emailaddress" />
      <result property="dateAdded" column="date_added" />
      <result property="games" column="channelID"
select="getGamesForChannel"/>
   </resultMap>

   <statement id="getChannelInformation" resultMap="get-channel-info">
      SELECT
         scrimbot_channels.id,
         scrimbot_channels.channel,
         scrimbot_channels.date_added,
         gg_users.username,
         gg_users.emailaddress,
         scrimbot_location.flag_location as location,
      FROM
         scrimbot_channels
      INNER JOIN
         scrimbot_location ON
(scrimbot_channels.location=scrimbot_location.id)
      INNER JOIN
         gg_users ON (scrimbot_channels.owner=gg_users.userID)
      WHERE
         scrimbot_channels.channel='#value#'
   </statement>

So, if anybody can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong, or not doing at
all, I'd appreciate it.

Mike