ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best method to get SqlMapClient in web application
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:49:15 GMT
Here's a listener:
 package somepackage;

import javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent;
import javax.servlet.ServletContextListener;

public class ContextListener implements ServletContextListener {

public ContextListener() {
super();
}
 public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent sce) {
 // generate your client through normal methods
 SqlMapClient client = createSqlMapClient();

sce.getServletContext().setAttribute(SqlMapClient.class.getName(),
 client);
}
  public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent sce) {
}
}
 Then you need to write a method somewhere like this:
 public SqlMapClient getSqlMapClient(ServletContext context) {
 return (SqlMapClient)
 context.getAttribute(SqlMapClient.class.getName());
}
 You also need to configure the listener in web.xml. Pretty simple...
 Jeff Butler