ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rao, Satish" <satish....@fmr.com>
Subject Performance issue with CustomTypeHandler
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:43:56 GMT

I am using ORACLECURSOR in my sqlmap and using the following TypeHandler
code.

Here's the sqlmap entry
		<parameter property="offerRS" jdbcType="ORACLECURSOR"
javaType="java.sql.ResultSet" mode="OUT"
typeHandler="RefCursorHandler"/>

And here's the handler code
public class RefCursorHandler implements TypeHandlerCallback {

	public Object getResult(ResultGetter arg0) throws SQLException {

		this.result = (ResultSet)arg0.getObject();
		return this.result;
	}

The statement (ResultSet)arg0.getObject(); takes a long time to return
(even for 2 rows).

Do you see any issue with the code?
I debugged this and eventually found that the above statement calls the
following method within CallableStatementResultSet

  public Object getObject(int columnIndex) throws SQLException {
    return cs.getObject(columnIndex);
  }

This in turn calls OracleCallableStatement. This part takes a long time
to return.

I am using thin driver.

Please suggest. I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Satish