ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rajah_Mit...@emc.com
Subject RE: How to set up a select map
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:11:56 GMT
Thanks a  lot! It works.

I had another question as well. I want to select a full table of data;
(Select * from User) .
How can I collect the result? (I have a class & beans for each row & an
array list to store the rows).

Thanks,

Mithra Rajah

  _____

From: larry.meadors@gmail.com [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Larry Meadors
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:53 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to set up a select map

Three ways:

1) Use "where value like #property# and put the pattern in your property.

2) Use "where value like '%' || #property# || '%'and put the value in your
property.

3) Use "where value like '%$property$%" and put the value in your property.

The last option will open you you up to SQL injection, and is generally bad
practice. It also does not take advantage of some database vendors'
execution plan caching.

Larry

On 10/26/05, Rajah_Mithra@emc.com <mailto:Rajah_Mithra@emc.com>