ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Priyesh Mashelkar" <priye...@mastek.com>
Subject RE: Batch not batching!
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:37:22 GMT
Hi Clinton,
      Just a bit confused.
      Want to clarify this thing.
      Do you mean to say that when a EXTERNAL transaction manager is used, the startTransaction
will start a new transaction and will not participate in the parent transaction. And if the
JTA transaction manager is used, it will not start a new transaction and will participate
in the parent transaction?

Many Thanks
Priyesh

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
	Sent: Tue 18/10/2005 23:30
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Batch not batching!

	Yes.  This allows you to code in one consistent way, whether you're in a global or a local
transaction scope.

	Cheers,
	Clinton

	On 10/18/05, Gary Barlow <garybarlow@hotmail.com> wrote:

		I'm running in WebLogic and use it's pooled DataSource rather than an
		explicit TransactionManager configuration. I guess that amounts to the same
		thing as EXTERNAL?

		Are you saying that calling start/end transaction is necessary for the
		ibatis batch statement to work but will have no effect on the transaction
		which is managed by the container?

		Thanks

		Gary