ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <steven.ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: When there are no statement, iBatis throws an exception.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:34:45 GMT
Can't you evaluate the condition prior to making a call to you map e.g

if(map.get("p_share")!=null)
   sqlmap.insert("idInsert",map);

Steve.

________________________________

From: KwonNam Son [mailto:kwon37xi@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 27/10/2005 09:27
To: iBatisUser
Subject: When there are no statement, iBatis throws an exception.

I have some insert statement like the follwoing...

<insert id="idInsert" parameterClass="java.util.Map">
   <isNotEmpty property="p_share">
    INSERT INTO TMLBC060 (
     USER_ID, RIGHT_CODE, SERVICE_CODE, SERVICE_SHARE
    ) VALUES (
     #p_user_id#, #p_share_right_code#, #p_share_service_code#, #p_share#
    )
   </isNotEmpty>
  </insert>

When p_share property is empty, IdInsert has no statement in it. This
statement runs in a batch.
In this condition, iBatis throws an exception.

Is there any way of preventing throwing an excetion?

Because of some complicated reasons, It's very difficult to check
p_share property in Java.
Also, I could make an dummy insert statement(like "insert into dummy
select 'x' from dual where 1=0;"), but I hope I could avoid that kind
solution.

Thanks,
KwonNam.

and inform the sender. Thank you.