ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com>
Subject Re: classLoaders
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:05:05 GMT
Thanks Larry. Actually I ahve tried
Resources.setDefaultClassLoaders(customClassLoader) and it worked fine.
But it forces the clients to call this everytime which I wish to handle
without forcing the clients to do anything. It is little bit tricky to
do it without asking the clients to do it.

Bacially users can develop thier own application and write java classes
which they can change dynamically. The custom clasloader basically
provides the dynamic loading of the classes - if there is a change in
the classes, you dont need to restart the jvm again. Also ibatis is one
of the libraries ( there are many) and these are always loaded using the
custom classloaders and so it gives flexibility for them to load it
anytime with their java classes.

In your suggestion, you mentioned about
setClassLoader(yourEjbClasslOader).. guess you mean the arguement to be
customClasslOader because ejbClassloader will not work.

Is is a good enhancement for ibatis to look for the classloader that
loads its classes(Resources.java in this case) for getResources ?
Regards,
Ravi