ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Abdullah Kauchali <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject Re: Switching from local to global Transactions at runtime?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:28:30 GMT
Clinton Begin wrote:

> Well, as much as I'd like to just tell you how bad of an idea that is,
> I'll tell you how to do this... :-)

Thanks.  LOL.

> My recommendation would be to have two SqlMapClient instances....and
> two SqlMapConfig.xml files (one configured for global, one for local).
>
> Switching between the two would simply mean using the appropriate
> instance.

I suspected as much ... I've had it exactly like that, but wasn't sure.
Let me see if I get the desired
fission reaction and if I can break some expensive equipment with
that.   :)
(All for a good cause, I assure you.)

Gimme a few hours, I'll post more detail about what we have in mind.

> That's the safest way to do it.
>
> Cheers,
> Clinton

Thanks Clinton!  :)