ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Moss <dav...@graticule.com>
Subject Re: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "id" is required and must be specified for element type "delete".
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:29:43 GMT
Sorry, I've found it.  Hadn't closed a tag correctly.  What a stupid
mistake, and I'd spent ages looking for it too.

David Moss wrote:

> I'm getting this exception when trying to start my web app in Tomcat5.
>
> my sql-map-config.xml file contains:
>
>    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>    <!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map Config
>    2.0//EN" "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">
>    <sqlMapConfig>
>        <sqlMap
> resource="com/graticule/ecorisk/db/ibatis/maps/User.xml" />
>        <sqlMap resource="com/graticule/ecorisk/db/ibatis/maps/Map.xml" />
>        <!--<sqlMap
>    resource="com/graticule/ecorisk/db/ibatis/maps/Layer.xml" />-->
>    </sqlMapConfig>
>

> and Map.xml contains...
>

>    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>    <!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
>    "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">
>
>    <sqlMap namespace="Map">
>
>        <resultMap id="result" class="com.graticule.ecorisk.bus.Map">
>            <result property="id" column="id" columnIndex="1" />
>            <result property="name" column="name" columnIndex="2" />
>            <result property="description" column="description"
>    columnIndex="3" />
>            <result property="owner" column="owner" columnIndex="4" />
>        </resultMap>
>              <delete id="removeMap">
>            delete from maps where id = #id#
>        <delete>
>              <insert id="addMap">
>            insert into maps (name, description, owner) values (#name#,
>    #description#, #owner#)
>        </insert>
>              <select id="getMapById" resultMap="result">
>            select * from maps where id = #id#
>        </select>
>              <select id="getMapList" resultMap="result">
>            select * from users
>        </select>
>              <update id="updateMap">
>            update maps set
>                name = #name#
>                description = #description#
>                owner = #owner#
>              where id = #id#
>        </update>
>          </sqlMap>
>
> If I comment out the Map sql resource file then the problems
> dissappear, so I guess that there's something wrong with Map.xml but I
> can't see what it is.  Could anyone help me?
>
> David Moss.

* The information in this message is confidential and is for         *
* the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error,*
* please notify the sender. Unauthorised use,disclosure,duplication  *
* or alteration of this message are forbidden. This message and any  *
* attachments have been scanned for viruses. Graticule will not be   *
* liable for direct, indirect or consequential damages arising from  *
* altering the contents of this message by a third party or as a     *
* result of any virus being passed on.                               *
* Unless stated otherwise - prices quoted in this e-mail are in      *
*  British Pounds Sterling and exclude media charges, package and    *
*  postage and Value Added Tax (VAT), where applicable. Prices are   *
*  valid for a period of 30 days from the date of this e-mail. Annual*
*  renewal fees are subject to change without notice. Transactions   *
*  are subject to our Terms of Business:                             *
*  (http://www.graticule.com/company/terms.pdf).                     *