ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can I turn transactions off? Help!
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:08:06 GMT
I am a HUGE fan of IBATIS, but suddenly I find myself
in a really bad situation which might force me to dump
it. I am using the Spring Framework to do CMT for me
and I want that to handle my transactions for me --
and this is how I was expecting it, but then I did a
little test:

I threw a NullPointerException after I called insert
after iBATIS and, to my surprise after 2 days of
debugging and stepping through iBATIS code, it's still
committing my transaction! I was expecting Spring to
catch the exception and roll back (which it did), but
I couldn't figure out how it was still comitting. But
then I stepped into iBATIS and saw it's ALWAYS is
commiting. This is unacceptable.

How do I turn off iBATIS from ever committing after an
insert, update, or delete? I do NOT want this to be
handled for me.

Thanks!
Paul

http://farechase.yahoo.com