ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Group By for multiple column primary keys
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:51:31 GMT
Okay....let's start this thread over.

1) You don't need to use groupBy just because you now have a composite key.
groupBy is for resolving N+1 select issues where you have 1:M or M:M
relationships. Since I don't see a nested resultMap attribute in either of
your result maps, I can only assume you don't need this.

2) Using composite column definitions is for passing multiple parameters to
a sub-select, which you also don't appear to be using because there's no
select attribute in your result map either.

So let's first clarify what exactly it is you're trying to do. Here's what
we understand:

* You have two columns: sid and m_no

Here's the part we don't know:

* What are you trying to map them to?

>From your description it's unclear if you're trying to:

* Map two columns to two properties (use two properties and normal mappings)
* Map two columns to one property (use SQL concatenation and an alias)
* Map two columns to a complex property using a object graph navigation (use
two result mappings and object.dot.notation)
* Map two columns to a complex property using a sub-select (use composite
column mapping and the select attribute mapped to a second SQL statement)
* Map two columns to a complex collection using a join and repeating groups
(use groupBy and a nested resultMap attribute to map to a second resultMap)

Let us know what it is you're trying to do...it's all possible.

Cheers,
Clinton