ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Vijai Senthil Padmanabhan Kalaiyarasi" <vijaisenthil.padmanab...@kumaran.com>
Subject Regd. sessionContext.setRollBackOnly() in EJB with iBATIS (Re: Connection pool mechanism in iBATIS.)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:29:08 GMT
Hi,

    I tried calling two methods (one an insert and the other creating an Oracle Role) of two
different DAO class from a single EJB method.
    And in the catch block i did a sessionContext.setRollBackOnly().

    When the Creating Role gave an error like insufficient privileges, it went to catch block
and executed the setRollBackOnly().
    But still the insert operation was not rolled back.

    I think it is taking two different connections for those two operation, because i could
see in the log as below.

    When record insertion
    DEBUG : [HttpRequestHandler-26870275 : com.ibatis.common.jdbc.logging.ConnectionLogProxy.<init>(ConnectionLogProxy.java:39)]
{conn-100367} Connection

    When Role creation
    DEBUG : [HttpRequestHandler-26870275 : com.ibatis.common.jdbc.logging.ConnectionLogProxy.<init>(ConnectionLogProxy.java:39)]
{conn-100371} Connection

    Could anyone guide me how to do that, by considering the above scenario?

Thanks in advance
VIJAI SENTHIL P K