ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Pat <pat4...@hotmail.com>
Subject 'javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:09:24 GMT
The 'ExternalTransationConfig' class checks if the 'DefaultAutoCommit'
and 'SetAutoCommitAllowed' flags are set as properties within
the 'transactionManager' tag. When configured as below, the select query
executes without any errors ---

<sqlMapConfig>
  <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL">
	<property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="true"/>
	<property name="DefaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>
  	<dataSource type="JNDI">
  	</dataSource>
  </transactionManager>
  <sqlMap resource="........"/>
</sqlMapConfig>

If the above configuration is not recommended for use with Bean Managed
Transactions using a Stateless Session Bean EJB, please advise.

javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException
Pat
Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:53:25 -0700

I get a 'javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException' when i execute a select
query using a DB2 Stored Procedure. I am using iBATIS 2.0. In my sql-map-
config.xml I have set my 'transactionManager' type to EXTERNAL.

I am using Bean Managed Transactions, and I am NOT DOING an explicit
transaction.begin()+commit() since i am executing a select query. FYI - I dont
get the exception when I do an explicit transaction.begin()+commit().

It looks like iBATIS is somehow flagging the transaction as rolled back, and is
causing the 'postInvoke' method in the generated EJB stubs to throw the
exception. How do i turn off transactions in iBATIS?

The begining of the stacktrace is attached below ------

javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException:  ; nested exception is:
com.ibm.ws.exception.WsEJBException
com.ibm.ws.exception.WsEJBException
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at javax.ejb.EJBException.<init>(EJBException.java:26)
        at com.ibm.ws.exception.WsEJBException.<init>(WsEJBException.java:105)
        at com.ibm.ejs.container.LocalExceptionMappingStrategy.mapException
(LocalExceptionMappingStrategy.java:159)
        at
com.ibm.ejs.container.LocalExceptionMappingStrategy.mapCSITransactionRolledBackE
xception(LocalExceptionMappingStrategy.java:293)
        at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.postInvoke(EJSContainer.java:3128)