ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pool mechanism in iBATIS.
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:21:24 GMT
You have configured iBATIS to NOT use the application server's connection
pool - you've asked iBATIS to use it's own connection pool (DBCP).
 If you mean that you want to call setRollBackOnly() in an EJB method, then
this will not work with your current configuration. If you want to use EJB's
container managed transactions, you'll need to do the data source lookup
from JNDI and configure iBATIS like this:
  <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL">
<property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>

<dataSource type="JNDI">
<property name="DataSource" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/hsdb"/>
</dataSource>
</transactionManager>

However, I remember from your previous posts that you need to use local
credentials to create the database connection. If that requirement remains,
then you'll have to keep it the way it is and manage transactions with
iBATIS code - rather than letting the container do it for you.
 For this, and many other, reasons it would be best if you did not have to
use local credentials to connect to your database. It would be much better
to pass the USER as a parameter to the procedures, rather than relying on
the logon credential of the connection.
 Jeff Butler