ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing logged in Username and password to iBATIS
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:05:40 GMT
I have been down that path, and used proxool to do it.

I would *not* recommend doing this.

It will be easier to change the procedures to allow passing in the user id.

We did something similar, in that we made them default to USER if a
user parameter is not passed in, and if the user is the iBATIS userid,
they fail. That forces callers to use either a trusted (i.e., Oracle)
connection, or supply a user.

Larry