ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yee, Richard K, CTR,, DMDCWEST" <Richard.Yee....@osd.pentagon.mil>
Subject iBatis in a standalone (JUnit) application - NoInitialContext err or
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:19:21 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use iBatis DAO in a standalone Java class but am getting a
JNDI NoInitialContext error when I try to configure the DaoManager. I am
using a SIMPLE datasource and am specifying the username, driver, etc. This
is the error:

Exception in constructor: testGetPcmFacility
(com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error while configuring DaoManager.
  Cause: com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: There was an error configuring
the DataSource from JNDI.
  Cause: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name
in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
application resource
 file:  java.naming.factory.initial
Caused by: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class
name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial
Caused by: com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: There was an error
configuring the DataSource from JNDI.
  Cause: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name
in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
application resource
  file:  java.naming.factory.initial
Caused by: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class
name in environment

Any idea which class name I need to specify and what the property name is?

Thanks,

Richard