ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Warren Bell" <war...@clarksnutrition.com>
Subject Ibatis and flat files?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:57:57 GMT
My company has several vendors who send us invoices in the form of comma
delimited flat text files via FTP. My question is, is there a way using
Ibatis to pul in the data from the text file and insert it into a table. I
can get the data in manually and use Ibatis to insert into the table, but it
would sure be nice if I could use Ibatis and map the fields in the flat file
to my objects the same way they are maped from tables or say do a query
like:

INSERT INTO table SELECT field1, field2 ... FROM flat_file

These vendors have no other way to get us our invoices except paper.

Thanks,

Warren Bell