ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jason Vinson <vinson.li...@charter.net>
Subject Re: help me to connect ibatis to one jndi name (connection pool)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:09:16 GMT
Hi,

We configure iBatis to use a jndi connection by default as well.  To avoid
including AS vendor specific jars in your build (or even having the AS
running), you can use any of the mock object providers out that that allow
you to create a context.  Here's how we do it with spring's mock object
library:

        // Jakarta DBCP datasource created for testing...
        BasicDataSource ds = new BasicDataSource();
        ds.setDriverClassName(drv);
        ds.setUsername(user);
        ds.setPassword(pass);
        ds.setUrl(url);

        // Bind it to a jndi name
        SimpleNamingContextBuilder builder = new
SimpleNamingContextBuilder();
        builder.bind(jndiName, ds);
        builder.activate();

Please note that this should only occur once per test suite, so code
accordingly.

Hope this Helps.
Jason