ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dave, Rajeev" <Rajeev.D...@FMR.COM>
Subject Question on SQLMaps
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:47:46 GMT
Hello,
The following is the scenario
1. I have a SQLMapConfig.xml which contains 2 sqlmap declarations. E.g.
<....
  <sqlMap resource="Dimension.xml" />
  <sqlMap resource="Hierarchy.xml" />

2. In each of the SQLMap xml's I have some select declarations

<sqlMap namespace="DimensionQuery">
  <select id="getId" resultClass="mypackage.Dimension">
    select dim_id as dimId from dim_table where dim_nm = #value#
  </select>
</sqlMap>
<sqlMap namespace="HierarchyQuery">
  <select id="getId" resultClass="mypackage.Hierarchy">
    select hier_id as hierId from hier_table where hier_ds = #value#
  </select>
</sqlMap>

Here please note that I have the same Id (getId) in both the sql map
declarations.

Here is my question.

Is it possible to reuse the same id's across sqlmap xml's.
I will appreciate if someone can help me here on this

Rgds,
Rajeev Dave