ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Single Table inheritance?
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:33:34 GMT
Hi,

This can be achieved using the discriminator-tag and is not yet in the
docs, the following archived message contains a link to a sample:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg00724.html

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Campbell [mailto:michael.campbell@gmail.com]
Sent: zaterdag 24 september 2005 16:34
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Single Table inheritance?

I've looked at the docs a bit and couldn't find anything like this so
I suspect the answer is "no", but does ibatis have any facility for
single table inheritance[1]?  I'm putzing around a bit with Ruby on
Rails and learned about this in its ActiveRecord persistence layer[2].
 I've actually had a need for it in a java project, and using ibatis,
had to code around it. =(

Thanks!

[1] http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/singleTableInheritance.html
[2] http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActiveRecord/Base.html (scroll
down to "Single Table Inheritance"
--
I tend to view "truly flexible" by another term: "Make everything
equally hard". -- DHH