ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Postgres - inserting null causes error - Unknown Types value
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:35:32 GMT
I do not know PostgreSql very well, but could it be that you have to
explicitly specify the JDBC-type, as in Oracle?

Niels

________________________________

From: Zarar Siddiqi [mailto:zarar.siddiqi@utoronto.ca]
Sent: dinsdag 13 september 2005 15:15
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Postgres - inserting null causes error - Unknown Types value

I'm having a problem with iBatis using PostgreSql.

I have an insert statment, "insertEndUser" which I pass an "EndUser"
object to for inserting.  If all the properties of the EndUser object
are non-null, the insert works fine, but if ANY of them are null, I get
the following exception, (in this case "gender" was null).  I'm using
the Spring (1.2.4) framework and it's SqlMapClientTemplate class to do
the insert.

Any ideas of what might be wrong.  I was thinking of using a type
handler to make the mapping from null to empty String but this seems too
trivial of a problem for it to require extreme measures.  I'm migrating
from MySql to PostgreSql and this was working just fine in MySql.

Any input is appreciated.

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: SqlMapClient operation;
bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is
--- The error occurred in com/_8020/mcc/dao/ibatis/sql/EndUserSQL.xml.
--- Check the insertEndUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'gender' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value.
--- The error occurred in
com/company/dummy/dao/ibatis/sql/EndUserSQL.xml.
--- Check the insertEndUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'gender' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value.
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value. at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeUpdat
e(GeneralStatement.java:87)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.insert(SqlMapExecut
orDelegate.java:442)