ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Richard Yee <r...@cruzio.com>
Subject Re: iBatis in a standalone (JUnit) application - NoInitialContext err or
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:54:08 GMT
Now that I read Michael Campbell's email I understand the problem, my
actual dao.xml file is this:
<!DOCTYPE daoConfig
PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD DAO Configuration 2.0//EN"
"http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/dao-2.dtd">
<daoConfig>
  <context>
    <transactionManager type="JDBC">
      <property name="DataSource" value="JNDI"/>
      <property name="DBJndiContext" value="jdbc/xxxxxxxxPooledDS"/>
      <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true" />
    </transactionManager>
    <dao interface="mil.osd.dmdc.deers.web.bwe.dao.IControlTableDao"

implementation="mil.osd.dmdc.deers.web.bwe.dao.jdbc.ControlTableDao"/>
  </context>

  <context>
   <transactionManager type="JDBC">
     <property name="DataSource" value="SIMPLE"/>
     <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>
     <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx:1521:xxxt"/>
     <property name="JDBC.Username" value="xxx"/>
     <property name="JDBC.Password" value="xxxxx"/>
     <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true" />
    </transactionManager>
    <dao interface="mil.osd.dmdc.deers.web.bwe.dao.IPlanManagerDao"

implementation="mil.osd.dmdc.deers.web.bwe.dao.jdbc.PlanManagerDao"/>
  </context>
</daoConfig>

I had both a JNDI and non-JNDI  datasource in the same file so that when
I ran standalone, the JNDI datasource caused the DaoException. By
separating the two into two separate files, I should be able to run
iBATIS in a standalone unit test for my web application.

Thanks Nathan and Michael.

-Richard