ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Akins, Greg" <Greg.Ak...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:45:04 GMT
Eclipse will rename packages and either ignore, or include matching
strings in other resource files in the project...

The only thing I would think might enhance the Ibatis experience is if
there was a refactoring that specified classes & sqlMaps without having
to worry about any other xml files that might contain the package name
(though why you wouldn't want to rename those also, I don't know).  Or
maybe something that acted more intelligently

Ie., given this mapping

<typeAlias alias="eventCode"
type="com.sony.sel.cim.cdo.model.EventCode"/>

  <resultMap id="eventCode" class="eventCode">
    <result property="id" column="EVT_CODE"/>
    <result property="desc" column="EVT_DESC"/>
  </resultMap>

Renaming the EventCode object to EventType would also rename the alias,
and all instanced to eventType.

Not sure how useful that would be.

I think it might be more useful to have some kind of validation on the
XML - POJO mappings.  I'm sure you could build some xdoclet stuff to do
code generation and minimize these errors, but to add some continuous
compilation/validation into the IDE would catch most of my stupid "fat
finger" errors;')