ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Quetion about documents
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:41:09 GMT
I personally like the PDF documentation. I think the wiki is good for
one off examples or learning about a specific part of iBATIS. The PDF
seems to flow together more like a good book. After I'm done reading a
section I usually continue reading the next section. After 15min or so
I find that I've read 3 or 4 sections and I go away with more knowledge
than I had originally intended.

I can never find what I'm looking for with wikis. It seems like there's
so much information and pages are scattered all over the place.

Is the wiki really that active? I get the impression that its just as
dormant as patches for the existing pdf documentation. I looked at the
wiki today and saw that several pages had been updated recently but I
think this was due to the recovery efforts from last week(?).

In theory wikis are a great idea; anyone can update content without
having to have a special xml editor program. I don't think we should
think about switching from the xml based documentation until the wiki
is at least as active as the mailing lists...