ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Matilda Östling <matilda.ostl...@ladok.umu.se>
Subject Divide sqlMap config into multiple files
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:45:51 GMT
Hello,

Is there any way to divide a sqlMapConfig file into several separate files
for different configurations.

For example in our setup we are using a number of common SQL statements. In
addition, we have several specific setups with specialized statements for
each setup. We would like to include the common sqlMap statements into each
specific config file together with the specific statements.

To achieve this we tried to use the <sqlMap resource="commonConfig.xml"/>.

There was no problem reported from the SqlMapClientBuilder but the included
statements were not found, resulting in an exception like this:

com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapException: There is no statement named
getSomeInfo in this SqlMap.

at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.getMappedStatement(SqlM
apExecutorDelegate.java:287)

at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExec
utorDelegate.java:617)

at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExec
utorDelegate.java:598)

at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionIm
pl.java:107)

at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForList(SqlMapClientImpl
.java:76)

The file commonConfig is a regular sqlMapConfig XML file with only sqlMap
tags. Including these tags directly in the main sqlMapConfig file presents
no problems but is not very maintenance friendly due to the duplicate of
information.

We also tried using external parsed entities but this resulted in problems
finding the resources due to no base URI set. With absolute paths in the URL
there was no problem but this is not a solution that is possible in our
situation.

Thanks for any input in this matter.

Best regards

/Matilda