ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML document output from ibatis
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:13:14 GMT
Hi Ashish,

Cool this is fine.  But the idea of a RowHandler is to have such conversions out of the DAO.
 Also it looks clean as if IBatis is returning the Document object.

The work of the DAO layer is to only execute queries and return the data.  You can externalize
such transformations into the RowHandler.

Rgds
Prashanth Sukumaran.

Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1312@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi
this is a way i got around my problem
// definiation in xml file
 parameterClass="java.math.BigDecimal"xmlResultName="PO">// SQL querry goes herre
// to get a list of all data from ibatis

List list = client.queryForList("getdata", new
BigDecimal("12345"));
// go through the list
for (int i = 0; i < list.size(); i++)
{
String obj = (String) list.get(i);
// get byte array input stream from string
ByteArrayInputStream byteArray = new
ByteArrayInputStream(obj.getBytes());
// create DMO object
Document doc =
factory.newDocumentBuilder().parse(byteArray);
}

Ashish