ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <erlend.bjo...@aftenposten.no>
Subject Possible to set timeout on the connection ?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:37:48 GMT
Hi there!

Is it possible to set some kind of timeout when useing the connection ?

E.g. if you haven't got any response by 1 minute, the connection stops
waiting and throw an SQLException or something ?

--

We have a strange case here, doing some standard SQL wildcard searches with LIKE.

Searching for %Galleri% goes fine
Searching for %Galleri Hen% goes fine
Searching for %Galleri Henri% goes fine
Searching for %Galleri Henrik% DOES NOT GO FINE !!!! The connection hangs, no error.
Searching for %Galleri Henrik2% goes fine ...

Believe it or not ... Very strange behaviour in an Oracle 9.2 database.
When this "wait" start.... It can wait forever it seems... The application
just hang.

When this happens, we can see an lock in the database of type CURSOR BIND ...
Strange. Maybe some bad data/index somewhere .. In the mean time we figure
it out on the database side, can we set some kind of timeout on the SQLMap
level so the appliaction don't hangs ?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Erlend Bjørge