ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Zarar Siddiqi" <zarar.sidd...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Postgres - inserting null causes error - Unknown Types value
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:15:18 GMT
I'm having a problem with iBatis using PostgreSql.

I have an insert statment, "insertEndUser" which I pass an "EndUser" object to for inserting.
 If all the properties of the EndUser object are non-null, the insert works fine, but if ANY
of them are null, I get the following exception, (in this case "gender" was null).  I'm using
the Spring (1.2.4) framework and it's SqlMapClientTemplate class to do the insert.

Any ideas of what might be wrong.  I was thinking of using a type handler to make the mapping
from null to empty String but this seems too trivial of a problem for it to require extreme
measures.  I'm migrating from MySql to PostgreSql and this was working just fine in MySql.

Any input is appreciated.

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: SqlMapClient operation; bad SQL grammar [];
nested exception is
--- The error occurred in com/_8020/mcc/dao/ibatis/sql/EndUserSQL.xml.
--- Check the insertEndUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'gender' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value.
--- The error occurred in com/company/dummy/dao/ibatis/sql/EndUserSQL.xml.
--- Check the insertEndUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'gender' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value.
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value. at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeUpdate(GeneralStatement.java:87)
 at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.insert(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:442)