ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Dionisio Egiluz Ruiz de Z√°rate <dioni...@tinieblas.com>
Subject Re: Loading SqlMaps relative to SqlMapConfig.xml
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:56:09 GMT
and where do you declare the baseURL variable?
where do you put it the value?
thanks
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Clinton Begin
  To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Loading SqlMaps relative to SqlMapConfig.xml

  So you trust your clients then?  Fair enough I suppose, I would still recommend against
database connections over a LAN/WAN directly from a rich client.  You'd be better off with
a web service or even a proprietary protocol.

  In any case, you can't load relative to the SqlMapConfig.xml file, but you can set it programmatically
by using a property.  For example:

  <sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Product.xml">
  <sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Category.xml">
  <sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Customer.xml">

  You can then either fix the property in a file, or pass the properties programmatically
to the SqlMapClientBuilder.

  Cheers,
  Clinton