ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Volker_Reichel@t-online.de" <volker_reic...@t-online.de>
Subject AW: Loading SqlMaps relative to SqlMapConfig.xml
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:13:26 GMT
thanks alot for your adice. Implementing a web service would eliminate the
problem of distributing the SqlMaps/SqlMapConfig files.

Volker

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. September 2005 20:01
An: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Loading SqlMaps relative to SqlMapConfig.xml

So you trust your clients then?  Fair enough I suppose, I would still
recommend against database connections over a LAN/WAN directly from a rich
client.  You'd be better off with a web service or even a proprietary
protocol.

In any case, you can't load relative to the SqlMapConfig.xml file, but you
can set it programmatically by using a property.  For example:

<sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Product.xml">
<sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Category.xml">
<sqlMap url="${baseURL}/Customer.xml">

You can then either fix the property in a file, or pass the properties
programmatically to the SqlMapClientBuilder.

Cheers,
Clinton