ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:28:03 GMT
Even though iBATIS 2.1.5 is not dependant on JCL, it will use JCL if it
finds it in the classpath. WebSphere supplies JCL in the application server
classpath. QED - iBATIS running on WebSphere will always use JCL for
logging.
 Adding log4j to the WEB-INF\lib directory has no effect (as you well know
by now). The web application classloader is a child of the application
server classloader so iBATIS will always find JCL before it finds log4j.
 Configuring logging on WebSphere is a little tricky - this article from the
WebSphere information center would be a good start for your research:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/ttrb_classload_jcl.html
 Hope that helps -
Jeff Butler