ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mahar...@checkfree.com
Subject Embedding ResultMaps
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:59:55 GMT

Is there a way to embed result maps within parent result maps? The reason I
ask is that I have found that for large projects, SqlMaps can be
problematic to maintain when you have multiple classes that maintain
references to the same object or objects. For example suppose that I have a
user class and an address class. Now both class a and class b have
references to user and address and therefore have copies of the user and
address resultmaps included in their own result map. This is problematic
when you need to change a property in the base result map for either user
or address because you now have to find all other resultmaps(objects) that
maintain a reference to these objects and update those result maps as well.
I realize that you can extend a result map but that seems overly limiting
if you can only extend one resultmap at a time. Is there instead a way to
embed references to other resultmaps within a given resultmap? I cannot
believe that I am the only one who has run into this issue/concern, so
either I am missing something or it seems to be a limitation of the
product. Any feedback or best practices suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Michael A. Harris

Michael A. Harris
Manager, Software Development
maharris@checkfree.com
Phone: (614) 564-3138
Cell: (614) 397-0445
Pager: maharris@mycingular.blackberry.net

CheckFree. The Company that Powers Payment on the WebSM.
http://www.checkfree.com/paybillsonline