ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Glezen <pgle...@us.ibm.com>
Subject selectKey with Oracle
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:17:25 GMT

Hi, Folks,

I get a "sequence does not exist" error message when trying to get the key
resulting from an insert into an Oracle table.  The key is a column called
"unique_product_id" which maps to uniqueProductId in my bean.  My insert
statement looks like this.

<insert id="addProduct" parameterClass="xyz.ProductEntityBean">
   <selectKey keyProperty="uniqueProductId" resultClass="long">
       select stockidsequence.nextval as id from dual
   </selectKey>
      insert into mrt_product (COMPANY_ID,  DIVISION_ID,  UPC_NO)
                      values  (#companyId#, #divisionId#, #upcNo#)
</insert>

The full error message is:

11:42:58:693 ERROR ibatis.IbatisProductMaintenance - Encountered SQL
exception during addProduct.
11:42:58:703 ERROR ibatis.IbatisProductMaintenance -
--- The error occurred in productMap.xml.
--- Check the addProduct-SelectKey-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (query failed).
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist

- Paul