ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From eOk <...@vodafone.ie>
Subject Re: Logging?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:12:52 GMT
Max

You can use a servlet which is started when the webapp starts to
configure the log4j Properties Configurator.  The Configurator has a
configureAndWatch method that allows you start log4j but also allow
it to be reloaded at runtime.

Set the watch level to something small so you can tweak log4j and see
the changes in the debug (set debug=true) at the top.

See http://www.vipan.com/htdocs/log4jhelp.html for some good Log4j
stuff and http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html for
details on the servlet.

regards

Eoin

Check out
On 10 Aug 2005, at 17:48, max_lazzari@tiscali.it wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance, what is the
> "log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure",
> I only have the log4j.properties file located in my "WEB-INF
> \classes" project
> directory.
>
> How\Where should I use "log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure" ?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Max

>>> 1.4.2_p7), but when I added the commons-logging-api.jar and
>>> commons-logging.jar to the classpath - I started to see the debug
>>> messages