ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Priyesh Mashelkar" <priye...@mastek.com>
Subject RE: Executing a Stored Procedure returning rows from a Temporary table
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:12:00 GMT
I would be more than happy if that helps.
But just to tell you if u have missed, that i am selecting on a temporary table. If it does
not work in a Stored Procedure, I doubt whether it will work in a function. Moreover,  in
the executeQuery() of SqlExecutor too, the execute() method is used and the result set is
retrieved from the PreparedStatement. So, it is more likely that the solution you suggested
may not work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Akins, Greg [mailto:Greg.Akins@am.sony.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 8:22 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Executing a Stored Procedure returning rows from a
Temporary table

I wasn't reading much in this thread, so I might have missed another
suggestion.  Sorry if that's the case.

However, I would just write a function that returns the result set.

Then rather than executing the procedure and trying to get the results,

Just run a regular query like "select * from getResults()"

If getResults returns a table, then the result of the query will be that
same result set.