ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Daniel Henrique Ferreira e Silva <dhsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clob Issue
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:02:14 GMT
Hi Craig,

This error is quite common when dealing with Oracle databases. Is
Oracle your database engine?

If yes, try grabbing the latest JDBC driver version. I remember that
9i driver has a issue regarding CLOBs. Not sure what it is exactly.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Daniel Silva.

On 8/11/05, Craig Swift <Craig.Swift@sun.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone seen this type of error before when trying to use Clobs in
> IBatis?
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Error executing update.  Cause:
> --- The error occurred in recognition/dao/ibatis/mapping/Nomination.xml.
> --- Check the updateNomination-InlineParameterMap.
> --- Check the parameter mapping for the 'writeUp' property.
> --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: 4236
>
> I'm using a String as the underlining object and specifying the JDBC type as a clob in
the sql map. It works for inserts/updates/deletes until the String size becomes to large.
I was under the impression that a CustomType Hnadler wasn't necessary. Any information would
be appreciated, thanks!