ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vlada Djurovic <vdjuro...@gmail.com>
Subject MalformedURLException: no protocol
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:05:49 GMT
Hi,

Iam new user of iBATIS, and i have a weird problem. I searched the
archives and all over the internet, but can't find anything simmilar.

I try to do a simple app using SQL-maps tutorial.
This is how Is aet up data source in sqlMapConfig file:

<transactionManager type="JDBC">
        <dataSource type="SIMPLE" >
            <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
           <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/ibatistest"/>
            <property name="JDBC.Username" value="name" />
            <property name="JDBC.Password" value="pass" />
        </dataSource>
     </transactionManager>

And this is how I use it in main():

        SqlMapClient sqlMap=null;
        String res="config/application-map-config.xml";
        try{
            Reader rd=Resources.getResourceAsReader(res);
            sqlMap=SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(rd);
            System.out.println("map inited");

When I execute this, I get a bunch of exceptions, something like:

com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error occurred.
Cause: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletException: Error parsing XML.
Cause: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

So I figure the database URL is invalid, but can't figure out why. I
checked a dozen times, and it looks OK.
If somebody could give me a hint, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks