ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Hycel Taylor <hyc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I do batch processing with IBatis DAO
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:39:54 GMT
I forgot to put the daoManager.commit(), in my example.

The business requirement:

Actually, my code is a lot more complicated than the three dao's that
I am using in my example.  There are actually nine Dao's being used in
this particular batch.  I'm iterating over 500,000 records and I'm
committing every 10,000 records.  It's a migration.  It's one of many,
that is taking the data out of one database from a set of tables that
are very poorly normalized and placing the data into a new database
with very clearly defined, normalized domains.  No check pointing is
necessary since, when the actual migration takes place it will only
have to happen once.  The full migration will  be on set of around
50,000,000 rows of data. It's not a lot of data, but if the batching
is done right, the entire migration process should take place in under
6 hours.  Which is all the time that the system can be down for.