ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Transaction question
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:00:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing this exact same problem however in a somewhat different
context, see the following archived thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org/msg025
80.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg00036.html

I recently restarted my investigation into this problem and have tried
some hacks in the iBATIS code, the changes were made in DaoProxy.java
(which proxies DAO-interfaces to provide transaction-semantics) and
DaoContext.java (which handles the transactions itself). Of course this
is rather messy, but I really do not like the SavePoint-support
mentioned in the thread above, I think it is rather a workaround than a
solution.

Anyway, my changes (totally unverified, without any guarantees) in
package com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl:

DaoContext.java, added isTransactionRunning():

public boolean isTransactionRunning() {
  return transaction.get() != null;
}

DaoProxy.java, modified invoke(): see attached file.

This seems to work pretty good in my case, however further investigation
is required.

I hope the iBATIS devteam can comment on my solution, whether you think
it will work, or when you believe it really sucks :)

Greetings,

Niels