ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Koka <226...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Executing a Stored Procedure returning rows from a Temporary table
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:08:40 GMT
> multiple clients may call this Stored Procedure and we would have to somehow separate
the outputs for the various clients

Hmm, never used SQL server, but in oracle TEMPORARY table carries
session-specific or transaction-specific data. If situation is
different for the SQL server you'll have just to rollback after
running select (i.e. procedure: delete rows, fill in required rows;
select rows, rollback). So not much to do there,

And also, IMHO, extra trip to database will be ever noticable compared
to time you need to fill in rows and retrieve them

Good luck
Koka