ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jan Vissers <Jan.Viss...@cumquat.nl>
Subject Re: Oracle scheme
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:58:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm a bit puzzled by "The problem is that under "webtest" more than one
databases could managed". Do you mean that you can manage data in tables
belonging to a different user/schema residing in the same database
instance, or in an actual different database instance?

If the former is true, than VIBSCANNER is in fact a user/schema residing
in the same database instance and in that case a synonym for
T_ALARM_BAND would be the way to go. As far as I can digest from your
post, VIBSCANNER already has granted select privileges to cm_ora_test,
because prefixing already works for you. If you don't want to prefix than
execute the following SQL statement (using SQL*Plus or something) while
connected to the database as VITBSCANNER:

   create synonym T_ALARM_BAND for VIBSCANNER.T_ALARM_BAND;

 From there on you don't need to use prefixes in your sqlMaps.

Hope this helps.

--
Cumquat Information Technology