ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Craig Swift <Craig.Sw...@Sun.COM>
Subject Clob Issue
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:33:46 GMT
Hello,

Has anyone seen this type of error before when trying to use Clobs in
IBatis?

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error executing update.  Cause:
--- The error occurred in recognition/dao/ibatis/mapping/Nomination.xml.
--- Check the updateNomination-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'writeUp' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: 4236

I'm using a String as the underlining object and specifying the JDBC type as a clob in the
sql map. It works for inserts/updates/deletes until the String size becomes to large. I was
under the impression that a CustomType Hnadler wasn't necessary. Any information would be
appreciated, thanks!

Craig S